Monday, October 18, 2010

Decorating for Halloween without Orange


Happy Halloween, everyone!  I finally have all of my spooky stuff out.  I have to admit I sometimes dread decorating for holidays.  The main reason is getting the stuff out of my storage space.  It is really packed and is a tiny hallway connecting to the area under our basement stairs. (spooky and spidery in there!)

I changed most of the photos here to black and white even though everything I've used is mostly black or white.  I like how black and white photos emphasize the contrasting textures in the items.

These are some sticky fake eyeballs from Target.


The skull and crow are also from Target.


I bought this vintage owl on Etsy.  It used to be painted to look realistic but I sprayed it with black spray paint.  I also used a lot of my vintage hobnail white depression glass on the mantel display. 



The black velvet garland is a smooth contrast to the hobnail.  I love hobnail pattern in black and white photos!

This is my every season rag wreath.  I added a black rose garland to it that I tied to the wreath with twine.  It's kind of a different and funky look.  I also bought this garland at Target.

It's hard to see but I have black vinyl bat clings on the windows.   They're from Martha Stewart Crafts and I purchased them at JoAnn's.    


Here is  a "faux" white pumpkin on my bench.  I want to find real white pumpkins to carve with my kids this year.


This is how it looks in color photos.  

Happy Halloween!  I hope you enjoyed visiting my house.


Erin

1 comment: